Paul Orwell (Guitar,Vox)
Michael Parrett (Bass)
Stu Marsh (Guitar)
Scotty Roberts (drums)
Tell Me Tell Me (vinyl only) single,
Only 250 made and sold out in just 7 days of Pre Order a month before release
Updated Releases and Tour Dates: Tell Me Tell Me / Little Reason 45 on Heavy Soul Records (SOLD OUT)
01. How long have you been active for and how did you get together?
As a band not long, we have done around 14 shows, I met Michael at a gig we did ages ago in different shit bands, I trashed the stage before he got on, fun times!
I got him to trade the guitar in for a bass, the other members answered adverts I put out it’s worked out well.
02. What influences do the band members have in common?
The Beatles and 60’s fashion.
03. Are there any other bands you’d recommend from your area? Why?
Nah, they are all bleak, boring and predictable… well from what I can see and hear.
04. What’s the 60’s/underground scene like where you’re from?
I haven’t found one, a massive gap in the market I think.
05. How would you describe the style you play?
06. What are your live shows like?
Fun, tight, magical, raw.
07. What are your main influences in music? Who do/would you play covers by? And who do you despise?
A lot of early beat, R&B and RnR. We only play lively covers if at all that we enjoy, not your every day covers the more obscure the better.
08. What are your main influences outside of music?
Hard one as my whole life is music, from producing, writing, and finding new gems. I love record collecting and Art.
09. Who writes your songs and what subjects do you deal with?
Me (Paul Orwell) and my tainted heart, messed up mind and butchered soul.
10. What’s your favourite song in your repertoire currently? What’s your favourite song by another artist?
My personal favourite is “Little Reason” as I sometimes get a chance to go and interact and dance with the crowd, we sometimes do a cover of “When The Night Falls” By The Eyes, that’s fun!
11. How would you describe the current underground scene? Do you participate?
Not really, I’m only sociable around friends, family and fans. I’m not one of those who find it important to be part of a scene, just to do my own thing, that’s what is important. If people like it, great if they don’t, sod them.
12. What has been the biggest challenge to date?
Producing a track that takes me weeks to get right.
13. How often do you rehearse? Play Live? Record? Anything interesting coming up?
We are good with rehearsals, we are perfectionists so we can get everything right to enjoy being loose on stage. We only play gigs that suite our style, sod playing a load of indie gigs, no fun in that. I record every day, lots of interesting things coming up including new releases, new videos, maybe some more gigs abroad. I would love to do a tour.
14. What do you think of the music coverage in the media?
It’s been along long while since I’ve read a music mag or listened to any up to date radio station, so I can’t really answer. I should imagine it’s all favouritism.
15. Do you rate any current mainstream or underground bands?
Again I don’t listen to much past 1972, I like some, Hypnotic Eye and The Teamsters seem to have some magical sounds going on.
16. Who/Where would you most like to record with and why?
Producers: George Martin, Joe Meek, Phil Spector
Artist alive: Paul McCartney,
Artist Dead: John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, Syd Barrett, Otis Redding
These artists all play big parts in the way I think and are very important to me and music.
17. What should we expect from you in the future? What are your plans and ambitions? What interesting gig dates have you got coming up?
Record deal would be nice and some good support slots.
29 September 2014 – The Finsbury, London with Magnetic Mind
11 October 2014 – Crossfire 25, 229 venue, London
Powered by Max Banner Ads