Mike Whittaker (Bass/Main Vocals)
Joe Eakins (Git/Vocals)
Kevin Smith (Git/Vocals)
She Said Yeah (7”)
Yes I Do (7”)
Out Of The Wild Come (LP)
Walking Out (7”)
I Don’t Mind (7”)
01. How long have you been active for and how did you get together?
The band has been going for about 4 years, the current lineup has only been together a few months. We knew each as we were all already in other bands and would end up on the same bill sometimes. We always seemed to be on the same page music wise.
02. What influences do the band members have in common?
Humour, we all have an immature sense of humour which is important when you’re around each other a lot. Obviously we all enjoy the same sounds and styles of music which is also quite handy…
03. Are there any other bands you’d recommend from your area? Why?
Not particularly. There’s a few good bands around but not much new… The Missing Souls, The Masonics, The Thanes, The Teamsters, The Kaisers are all pretty exciting.
04. What’s the 60’s/underground scene like where you’re from?
There isn’t one.
05. How would you describe the style you play?
Raw & Savage Beat Music.
06. What are your live shows like?
07. What are your main influences in music? Who do/would you play covers by? And who do you despise?
Main influences would be mainly relatively unknown 60’s groups. Blues music has been a massive influence on my life – Howlin Wolf, LIghtnin Hopkins, Slim Harpo, Leadbelly to name but a few, also a lot of Soul music, Punk (70’s Punk that is).
We do a few covers – You’re No Good (Dee Dee Warwick/Clint Ballard Jr), I Just Wanna Make Love To You (Willie Dixon), Wild Angel (James Bond & The Agents).
I despise talentless mannequins who are marketed to make money.
08. What are your main influences outside of music?
As Cliché as it sounds, probably sights, sounds, experiences and feelings.
09. Who writes your songs and what subjects do you deal with?
Myself (Mike), my strange thoughts and feelings, love, hurt, depression. Subjects that people might relate to but also subjects where people probably have no idea what I mean (or what I’m saying for that matter).
10. What’s your favourite song in your repertoire currently? What’s your favourite song by another artist?
My favourite song of ours at the minute is probably ‘Certain Type Of Girl’ simply because it’s brand new, fast and fun to play, pretty catchy too if I do say so myself.
11. How would you describe the current underground scene? Do you participate?
Not really sure there is one? I’ll go to something if there’s genuinely something good on or a band I really want to see otherwise I’m not fussed.
12. What has been the biggest challenge to date?
Touring for 6 months at a time, that was in my previous band Thee Vicars though, that was pretty challenging being around the same 4 people for that long without killing each other.
13. How often do you Rehearse? Play Live? Record? Anything interesting coming up?
We don’t get a lot of chances to practice as we all live so far apart. Generally we normally play often enough to stay tight together, or even practice just before a show. We record probably twice a year, it depends on how quickly the recordings get released. We have a 2nd LP to come out soon, we are taking our time to choose the label wisely, with a tour to follow.
14. What do you think of the music coverage in the media?
15. Do you rate any current mainstream or underground bands?
No, there was a spell where there were some great bands coming in but then they all went south very quickly. Bands like The Strokes, The Hives, even Kings Of Leon were great when they first came onto the scene but JESUS, WHAT HAPPENED!?
16. Who/Where would you most like to record with and why?
Joe Meek because he was incredible. Also Phil Spector.
17. What should we expect from you in the future? What are your plans and ambitions? What interesting gig dates have you got coming up?
Release a 2nd LP, and then much more after that I’m sure.
18th November – Putney, London (Half Moon Pub) w/ The Masonics
31 December– Nutty NYE, London @ www.229thevenue.co.uk
4th February – Wachina Festival – Valencia, Spain.
Updated Releases and Tour Dates:
LP coming soon…
Powered by Max Banner Ads